Saturday, July 10, 2004

Lessons you learn from locums

Wull its been a while since the first post, largely due to my forgetting my password duh!. We moved out of our flat last weekend (without too many arguments) - what a full on and stressful week that was. Perhaps I should have taken time off work but I so did not want to lose any hol pay. All settled into Phil's mum's house and being spoilt (washing done etc.). Unfortunately I have caught Phil's lurgy that led to his brain being absent from his body for much of our moving week - not the best situation when he was in charge of much of the organising of the relocations people etc. Phil - now that I have an understanding of how much this cold makes my head feel stuffed of cotton wool - please forgive me : - ). I feel like crap - and I could only take one day off work last week on Wednesday. As I was going to the doctor for my pre-travel medical on Thursday, I thought I better go to work. As it turned out, Thursday was a good day - I really felt like shit on Friday when we had to organise our going away party from work - yay!. And on top of that I had the locum from hell conduct my medical. Note to self - it is not a good sign when the doctor asks you what you want done for your medical. I think I'll go back for a second opinion some time in the next week.

One more week of work, two weeks in Welly, three in NZ, Four (approx) to London - beginning to get excited....! Sat down with friends and wrote some places to go and see when we get their today which did much to make me feel more excited despite the large amounts of mucus attempting to exit my body via my nose. Arghhhh....

Much to do over the coming weeks.... farewell for now

P.S For those who care - Sammy has settled well into her role as Cafe Cat to the stars of the Waikato. Last seen sunbathing with a smile on her face, Sammy has taken over title as 'queen of the household' and has put Molly (co-cat) firmly in her place. Must have been something to do with the excellent sedatives that I was able to administer her to prevent undue travel trauma. There was some revenge had in the form of a small pile of poo in the corner of the guest room but as I said, when I left the next day, there was not a whisper of discontent... all the best my beautiful feline furball

No comments: