Tuesday, December 04, 2007

OMG - Tired!

Wow ! -

Am

I

tired....

Didn't sleep much last night on account of having to get up at 5.30ish as my new job started at 6.30 this morning, soooo I kept waking up every hour or so all night in that weird "i'm going to miss the alarm, strange worky dreams" type way.

Work was, well, FRICKING FULL ON!!!! - mostly lots of manual, worky type stuff which is kind of nice (ie you can just lose yourself in the sheer effort of it). The women I'm working with are all incredibly hard working, salt of the earth types who frankly intimidate the hell out of me - I am really conscious of not pulling my weight... but they were all so incredibly kind and helpful today really. I managed to keep my end up reasonably well whilst tray clearing etc. By lunch time my legs and hip were feeling pretty tender but by the end of the shift the pain had mostly gone away, to be replaced with that weird floaty 'I'm not quite with it' totally knackered feeling.

And I work with at least 3 women called Sharon ...

....I think I'm going to get varicose veins...

....I seriously need to get a full slip for underneath my fetching white smock...

I'm gonna go buy myself some fabulous comfy shoes for the purpose of standing around on concrete floors for 8 hours at a stretch tomorrow - does anyone have any suggestions?

But anyhoo, I've come home and cooked a yummy meal for Phil and I. Lamb racks with a lemon herb crust, roasted tatties and kumara, and hopefully a spinach and rocket herby salad (from our garden!). Here's a photo or two:


I think I might go to bed early tonight....

Mel -

No comments: