Saturday, December 01, 2007

Well I did ask...

Wow - without putting any effort whatsoever, I appear to have gotten a job. After my depressing phone call yesterday morning (and subsequent post), I headed into town to top up my coffee supplies and get ingredients for breadmaking when I got a random phone call from the hospital kitchen. Was I still looking for work? So an hour or so after a somewhat casual meeting at the hospital today, I got a call from Annette to ask me to go in and fill some forms in on Monday, meet with the executive chef Sarah and that I might be starting as early as Tuesday etc. etc. OMG! Not really sure what I'll be doing exactly - something to do with the Diet Kitchen, distributing special meals for patients. The trail of good fortune that started in London continues..... I feel pretty blessed....

No comments: